Daniel,

(you posted this question twice, but I will only answer it once ;-)

> have a month string January from a get query string like so
?month=January ,
> and i need >to check a range of results within an endate so i need
WHERE end_date
> $_GET['month'] ,

You could use the DATE_FORMAT() function of MySQL for this:

mysql> SELECT DATE_FORMAT(NOW(),'%M');
+-------------------------+
| DATE_FORMAT(NOW(),'%M') |
+-------------------------+
| February                |
+-------------------------+

You can't compare this with something like 'January', though, because
'January' is a string while the above result is a date. If your query
string has 'month=January', this is a design problem, and you will have
to use a bit of array magic to convert your string into a date for
comparison. Someone slap me if there is an easy way _in MySQL_ to
accomplish this.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>