Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

in order to backup databases or better the whole server file-based , I'd
like
to know , if there is a way to get a read-Lock for all tables in a database
or even better for all tables in all databases.
Something like:

LOCK TABLES <db_name>.% READ;

which I tried cause I'm fooolish but it didn't work :o)

If not , is there a nice tool (best would be command-line) to
do a full online-backup of all data on a server.

Linux 2.4.10 , mysql 3.23.41

If I missed anything in the docs , just tell me where , please.

        Klaus

Topaktuelle Consumer-Adressen anmieten www.consumeradressen.de

Diese Mail ist von:
Deutsche Post Direkt GmbH
Beleglese Center Mannheim

Klaus Franz
Manager Abgleichsysteme

Willy-Brandt-Platz 13   Tel. 06 21.129 56 436
68161 Mannheim