Hi

My DBA has created a DTS package that works between two MS SQL machines,
successfully adding characters at either side of the source data on the
publication. However, we have a problem when trying to replicate to MySQL.

If we check the "transform data" box when creating the SQL Server publication,
later on when it comes to creating the subscription within the same wizard, SQL
Server does not give us the ODBC connection to MySQL as a subscription option.

We've tried altering the succesful SQL Server subscription DTS package so that
the subscription connection points towards the MySQL database subscriber
instead of SQL Server, but this just leads to a muddle whereby the distributor
is looking for SQL Server stored procedures on the MySQL box.

Do you have any suggestions for getting around this? It seems fairly embedded
in SQL Server logic - check a certain box, then don't get the option you need
later on. If I was suspicious I'd say that Microsoft didn't want us to be able
to transform data out of SQL Server!

Cheers

--
Jonathan Bedford