Hey,

I have discovered a strange error in the mysql versions mentioned in subj.

Example.
A table with 10 entries ...i want to draw 3 randomly
=> "select fieldName from tableName order by RAND() limit 3"

this have worked for the last year or so.....but after upgrading our redhat
7.2 with mysql version 3.23.54 it stopped to work. It always chooses the
same 3 entires.

using a Seed doesnt make it perfect either (i know that the manual says that
RAND() isnt perfect - but now it doesnt work at all).

A quick search on google says me that im not the only one having the
problem. I can also see on some Danish messageboards that other have the
same problems with the new version.

So my question is .....What to do ?
I cant imagine that you have removed the functionality of RAND from mysql
again ?
i know its only been in there since early ~3.23....

I work professionally as a webdevolper (CEO of a firm) and we need to find a
solution to this problem badly.

I hope you can guide me to a solution. Cause i would hate to change all the
sql calls in the projects we have coded the last 1½ year.... and it would be
nice to know if we would be able to use RAND() in the future.

Ohh, yeah - we code in PHP......and i have talked today with 3 other
webdevelopment companies that have been struggeling with the same error
after upgrading.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Tue Tønning
AT-Orbital I/S