On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:52:11AM -0500, Brent Baisley wrote:
> As long as the foreign keys are index it should be pretty quick. There
> really is no way to get around processing every record in table "data".
> As that table grows, your query will get slower. But a 157K rows isn't
> really a whole lot.

Thanks Brent.  I know 157K rows isn't a lot, but you probably don't
realise just how budget this hardware is. :)

Anyway I'm pleased to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how
fast the query completed even on this less than ideal server, it
takes around a minute.  As I only need to do it once a day and even
once a week would be acceptable, there's plenty of room for growth
there.

Thanks for reassuring me there. :)