I have just set up a new MYSQL cluster running MySQL 3.23 on a 6 processor Sun 4500
running Solaris 8.  I installed from a Solaris binary and everything loks functionally
OK.  The only thing I couldn't do what run the sql-bench tests as are version of Perl
doesn't have the requirired modules.  Is there any way of testing mysql performance
without sql-bench?

The main problem is that importing databases takes a VERY long time compared to my
other Linux servers.

Is there anything particular to Solaris that would cause such a problem?

Anyone got any thoughts on where I should be looking?

Thanks

Dave