Hello everybody,

I have a problem with MySQL and an application made with Delphi. If I try to
save a modified record in a table, I get the following error: "Record can
not be locked because the record is already in use." I don't know if that is
the exact translation. The original errormessage is German: "Datensatz kann
nicht gesperrt werden, da der Datensatz von einem anderen Benutzer geändert
wurde.".

I searched in the helpfiles and in the web, but I couldn't find a solution.
This errormessage isn't explained furthermore. Of course the computer was
rebooted (several times); the table and the database were dropped and
created once more; so I think that isn't a usual problem.

My configuration: Windows 2k and Borland Delphi 5 Enterprise are used as
clientsoftware; Win 2k and MySQL 3.23.53 as serversoftware. The error is
reproducable; the errormessage appears always when I try to Post the changes
using Ttable.Post. The message appears also if I use queries; it appears if
I use MySQL 3.23.53 and the new 4.xx-Version; the message appears with
another MySQL-environment on another server; the message appears no matter
if I use MyISAM, ISAM or InnoDB-Tables; the message appears with MyODBC 2.5x
and the new 3.51-Version. I don't have problems with this record/table If I
use other db-systems like InterBase oder MS SQL-Server.

There is no problem if I use an ADO-Connection but my application uses
hundrets of tables using the BDE. So I can't change the datasets from Ttable
to ADO easily.

I am looking forward to your ideas or answers.

Greetings, Tom