MySql,  magor problems!

Ver 3.23.52-max-nt

I find I cannot create a table (in my db 'rr'), which probably caused my
No SQL differnce.  When executing I get:

MySql Error: Could not execute command [create table if not exists job (
code integer unsigned not null auto_increment primary key, cus varchar(8),
index i_cus (cus), foreign key (cus) references cus (code), cust_ref
varchar(20), order_no varchar(20), booked_by varchar(16), invoice_type enum
( 'normal', 'separate', 'internal' ) not null, job_date date, notes text )
type=innodb;] on server because: Can't create table '.\rr\job.frm' (errno:
150)

The odd thing being that, as you can see, I am using 'type=innodb', yet it's
trying to create the .frm file in my current database directory.  I don't
belive this is normal, as the help files say the .frm is created in the
'test' directory.  Where no changes have taken place.

The log file only shows a correct startup, followed by:
030212 13:51:33  Innodb: Started

To make things more weird, I previously created an MyISAM table 'cus', to
which this is linked.  After this above statment was run, the cust.MYD and
cust.MYI have been deleted, just leaving the cust.frm file....  Which from
pervious experience means a 'cust' database can not not be dropped or
created until this file is manually erased.

Is it something I am doing wrong?

Any help, much needed.

PS, sorry for sending email by Outlook Exress.