From: "Daniel Kiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: Counting null values

Hi Octavian,

Try this:

select FieldName, count(*) from TableName group by FieldName

Bye,
         Danny

At 16:39 2003.02.08._+0200, you wrote:
Hi all,

I have a table where I have something like this:

| abc |
| abc |
| xxx |
| null |
| null |
| null |

I want to count these lines to give the result 5, meaning a distinct count
for values which are not null, and counting all the null values.

This means 1 for "abc", one for "xxx", and 3 for null values.

Can you tell me what sql query should I use for counting this?

Thank you.

Teddy,
Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/