Thanks to all that responded to my questions about Full Text Searching. Being caught up in that paradigm I overlooked the simpler answer :)

I am now experiencing a problem with pulling data from a Text (longvarchar) field in MySql. The data is entered into a TEXTAREA field on a web page and from there populated into the DB. That works fine and I can see that all the data is entered correctly.

On pulling the data out however it seems the maximum length won't go past 4095. I open an ODBC connection, do a simple Select and assign the data to a '$Doc' variable. On querying the length of the $Doc variable it returns 4095 even though the amount of data in the DB is greater.

My first thoughts are that communication buffers are set too low but I'm not sure this is correct, or how to set them higher.. any of your gurus know how to deal with this?

TIA

Gord