On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:33:31PM -0600, Paul DuBois wrote:
> At 12:43 -0800 2/13/03, John Oliver wrote:
> >I've got MySQL installed via RPM on a Red Hat 8.0 machine.  How do I
> >enable InnoDB?
>
> If it's < MySQL 4, install the -Max RPM on top of your existing installation
> to get a server with InnoDB enabled.  If it's MySQL >= 4, InnoDB is
> included already; you don't need to do anything.

There is no -Max RPM on the Red Hat CDs.  Nor can I find a matching -Max
RPM on rpmfind.net

The instructions for the binary .tar.gz say to uncomment a few lines in
my.cnf (those lines don't exist with the RPM installation).  Why is this
more difficult with RPMs?  I really want to use RPMs instead of tarballs
if I can.

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/