Hi,

I am wondering if the MySQL staff have been working on a way to circumvent the current 2G ram usage limit for MySQL under LInux for maybe the 5.0 release?

Did a list search but did not find a thread regarding this matter so I want to get this question out of my system.

With the rising need of Innodb on ever growing size of databases, (10Gig data + 10million rows+, tons of indices including full-text), one would need to not only give lots of ram to myisam key/buffer cache but also quite a bit if not more to the innodb engine. Factoring the per connection ram usage of record/sort buffer 2gig of ram can be reached fairly easily and more ram need to be allocated to avoid hits to HD as much as possible.

Finally, is there a 2G ram limit on MySQL for Mac OS X builds?

The 2GIG limit is perfectly fine for my setup now but I can see the need for more hitting critical level in a year and a half and would like to prepare for that point.

Thanks for any info...

Xing Li