We have developed an application with Visual Basic 6 managing through
myoledb some mysql server tables.

Perhaps it´s basic, but we have seen that the client application runs much
more slower in a point separated
through 2 routers and with 2 Mbps circuits than in the vlan where the mysql
server is located.

I assume that the bandwith is not the problem (a wan connnection with 2Mbps
circuits is enough) and there is some fine tunning (application, myoledb or
mysqlserver) we are not configuring in a proper way.

I will appreciate a lot any ideas about this.

Thanks

José Luis