Hi all

i'm new to the SQL programming language and i was trying to play with a date/time counter of sorts. I was trying to teach myself the various date functions, but I feel like I've failed. I had a database with birthdates in it, and I subtracted that from date in the Year() function and then subtracted 1900. Someone told me this was really sloppy so I was wondering what's a better method to find someone's > age?

Here's what I did

Year(Date - BirthDate) - 1900

(birthdate is the name of the field in the table)

thanks,
melih