sql,query,queries,smallint

I am in the process of designing a form and I am a little confused.
I would like to have a scrolling window, in which the user can select multiple
items. For example, the scrolling window may contain operating systems, and the
user has the ability to select multiple OS's (using the Control-Click
combination),
to describe themselves.

I am unsure how this data should be stored. I am using a MyISAM table, but I am
unsure about the type of field this information should be stored in. And,
when the individual
wants to update the information, how it should be displayed.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Take a look at the sample chapter available here:

http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-perl/

It discusses writing form-based web apps that use MySQL.

It's written with Perl in mind, but much of the discussion focuses on
principles and HTML, and thus tends to be relatively language-neutral.