Hi, you may try:

SELECT DISTINCT portlet.*
FROM portletAssignment PortletAssignment,
     portlet  LEFT JOIN UserTabAssignment UTA
  ON (portlet.name=UTA.portlet_fk AND UTA.user_fk = 'guest' AND
      UTA.portal_FK = 'mysqlPortal' AND UTA.tabNumber = 0 AND
      UTA.subtabName = 'firstSubtab')
WHERE PortletAssignment.Group_FK in ('group1', 'group2')
  AND UTA.portlet_fk IS NULL

Remember that your query (and also this) may have a problem because
there is no relation between portletAssignment and portlet (you didn't
specify any join, so i couldn't use one).

--
Diana Soares