Hello,

> >> I just tried compiling and using MySQL-4.0.11 (from the BitKeeper
> >> repository) on RedHat 8.0, and this problem seems to have gone
away:

Unfortunately the problem is still occurring even after retrieving the
latest source from the repository (I used the compile_pentium_debug
script).

> > Can you repeat the problem using 4.0.10?

It seems to happen every time, and on any installation of Red Hat 8.0 I
have.

Mark - I note that you have been able to successfully compile and run a
source distribution of MySQL 4.0.10 on Red Hat 8.0. Was your
installation of Red Hat customised in any way? What was the configure
line for MySQL?

Of course Red Hat 7.3 will work but unfortunately the server in question
requires additional drivers which are only available in Red Hat 8.0.

> It seems that the thread stack is set to 192K by default in 4.0.10.

Correct, but increasing even beyond the recommended 192K still results
in the same error.

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for - are there any
further tests that I can run that would be of any use?

Regards,
Duncan Maitland.