Use and id column, like an auto increment one and use that in the html you
are writing out +1 or -1 to get the next.

i.e.

"select id, X, X, X from table where id=1"

returns 1, value of X, value of X, value of X etc etc etc

then in the html use the id .
id+1

need some error checking for less than 0 and finding out what the max is.

Most lightly going to be something in here :

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP

Is it a case of one rows worth of information from the dB per page/request ?

Jerry @
MetalCat
dot Net