Hi all.

In my application I use generators generated manually. I have a table named

With table type MYISAM I use the follow secuence to obtain the next
generator:

LOCK TABLE <table>_POID;

SELECT instanceNo FROM <table>_POID;

UPDATE <table>_POID SET instanceNo = <newInstanceNoValue>;

UNLOCK TABLES;

But with table type InnoDB I have to use another connection to do this
because the LOCK TABLE sentence commits the transacction. Is there any form
to do it in MySQL with InnoDB?

Thanks in advance.

Iago Sineiro