Hello,

Earlier I asked Mark about XA and Connector/J.  He said that it was
dropped from the 3.0 releases because MySQL doesn't natively support XA,
but when it does he will add it back in.   Mark suggested that I ask for
XA on these lists if I wish to expedite it in the pipeline.

I am raising the flag here for XA, but not to exceed work on stored
procedures and views.  I believe that two-phase commit with XA should be
natively supported so that it will compete effectively with other
database providers in those instances where two-phase is valuable.

My personal requirement for it is minimal at this time.  I am developing
an application server development framework (which is MySQL-centric) and
so have need to support XA connection pooling and resources.   I had
already developed an XAResource-wrapper for PooledConnection's when I
discovered that XA was dropped from Connector/J 3.0.  It is a small task
for me to wrap ConnectionPoolDataSource's with an XADataSource
implementation for now.   But I do express my desire for native XA in
MySQL.

(The app server framework is intended to build customizable containers
as well as EJB containers.   The motive for this framework is that there
are some applications that fit the application server model but not the
EJB model or only part of the J2EE model.)

Frank Gates
[EMAIL PROTECTED]