Hi,

mysqlbinlog -j <Relay_Log_Pos> <Relay_Log_File> | mysql

works fine. I used -o instead of -j before. So I answered my last
question. When doing this:

mysqlbinlog -j <Relay_Log_Pos> <Relay_Log_File> | more

I see that it had advanced to the query after the one with the problem
in the trace file. In fact, the query succeeded and was there after a
REPAIR TABLE .. USE_FRM.

Now that I got the above to work, I ran it.

And I found a surprising result (to me): It still failed.

So the problem is not with the replication code per se.

So maybe I can make a test case....