Hi,

I have installed the 4.0.10-gamma with support from the openssl v. 0.9.7
on the Debian Woody:

mysql>status
SSL:                    Cipher in use is DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA

mysql>show variables like '%openssl%';
+---------------+-------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+---------------+-------+
| have_openssl  | YES   |
+---------------+-------+

O.K. when I want to connect to mysql from console I simply write
mysql --defaults-file=/...../openssl/my.cnf -u root -p test
and I can "log on" (in the my.cnf there are definitions of the keys and
certificates for [client] and for [mysqld]):

But I would like to:

 - a client from an IP use SSL connection. Now when I use for example
   simple php program, it needs only the host,user,password and
   database_name. There is not any SSL connection between the user from
   a client and my mysql server with support from SSL.
   I have also a java program, which also doesn't need anything more then
   host,user,password and database_name to connect to data base.
   And I have a perl program, which connect to mysql through DBI,
   and it doesn't need any special things to connect to mysql
   server and make whatever it wants to.
   How can I change it? What the client has to know and/or have?
   Maybe something in the 'user' table in the mysql database and
   an access to files with the keys and certificates?
   In the 'user' table there are ssl_type and ssl_cipher columns.
   Maybe I should change their values for a user?, and then what? ..

 - watch how many SSL connections were established.

O.K. Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

Maciej Bobrowski