You can see your max table size at the row "Max datafile length: 4294967294". This means that your UsedData table's max size is 4G. If you want to change it you have to use alter table command with the option max_rows. For example "ALTER TABLE UsedData MAX_ROWS = 1000000".

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here, I hope it's easily answered....

I've got Mandrake Linux 9, with the ext3 file system....
What is the absolute maximum table size I can have?
And what do I need to change to achive that?

I've spent half the night googling, and couldn't find a real answer
so now I throw my helpless soul onto those who use it more then
I do (c:

Below is information about the table.

MyISAM file: UsedData
Record format: Packed
Character set: latin1 (8)
File-version: 1
Creation time: 2003-02-17 14:09:19
Recover time: 2003-02-20 0:28:44
Data records: 17530 Deleted blocks: 0
Datafile parts: 17530 Deleted data: 0
Datafile pointer (bytes): 4 Keyfile pointer (bytes): 3
Datafile length: 1267264 Keyfile length: 1024
Max datafile length: 4294967294 Max keyfile length: 17179868159
Recordlength: 73

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shannon