Since you are comparing a string to a number, it probably can not use the index.
Perhaps you should be more careful with your queries.

Gatica, Mario Alberto wrote:

I found the following error with mysql server version 3.23.52.
mysql> select snb,id_servicio from Abonados_Servicios where
snb="1144293549";
9 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select snb,id_servicio from Abonados_Servicios where snb=1144293549;
9 rows in set (45.61 sec)

mysql> describe Abonados_Servicios;

Field Type Null Key Default
Extra
snb char(10) PRI
id_servicio char(2) PRI
estado char(1) A
fecha_alta datetime 0000-00-00
00:00:00 fecha_baja datetime YES NULL
fecha_ultima_modificacion datetime YES NULL
User char(8)

select count(*) from Abonados_Servicios;
1590987
As you can see , the snb field is char(10) type.

When you run the first sql statement :
select snb,id_servicio from Abonados_Servicios where snb="1144293549";
it takes :
9 rows in set (0.01 sec)
to complete which is a good performance.

But when you run the second sql statement :
select snb,id_servicio from Abonados_Servicios where snb=1144293549;
it takes :
9 rows in set (45.61 sec)
to complete.

I'd like to ask you if it wouldn't be better to rise an error or a warning
for the second statement instead of taking such amount of time.

Thanks
Mario Gatica