This is the most weird thing I have EVER tried. I went away for the weekend
and when I got home they were gone!!

Setting: Linux Redhat 7.2
Database Mysql 3.23.22
www: apache

Here is the chain of events as I recall them

thursday: I upgrade SSL on my machine
friday: I go away for the weekend
saturday: who knows
sunday:

some time during the day my httpd sets out

I come home. Sees the www is down. Thinks it may have been the adjustments I
made thursday decides to reboot "just to be certain everything is in order"

The server comes up, but the http is still down. I examine the logs and
finds out that it is the new SSL that messes things up. I disable SSL and
start up httpd. No problem

I find out that all entries made since 2002-11-13 are GONE. Not gone like
the table is corrupt, or like the harddisk messed it up. Gone like they
never existed!!

Every sunday I backup my tables figuring that something like this could
happen but.... THE ENTRIES ARE NOT REGISTERED THERE EITHER!!! The backupfile
is stored on another computer and it is af it has backed up the wrong
tables...

It is simply as if they never existed. Or rather it is as if they were
stored only in memory and with the reboot they were gone...

To make sure it's not too easy(hoho) a few tables are appearently
unaffected! I have 2 tables that uses each other. Each entry in table1
refers to an entry in table2. The funny thing is: all data in table1 is gone
down to 2002-11-13 but table2 is intact with last entry last week... What
does it mean???

How can this be? I know as a bonus information that I have used the alter
table command on all the tables that are intact, but what does THAT mean?
Nothing maybe. All I know is that now the entries are gone, and I want them
back. If I can't have them back I would really like a good explanation,
because I am really in the dark about this...

sincerely

Arvid