-----Original Message-----
From: Theisen, Gary [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

I'm wondering if it's a hassle, or even possible, to move the MySQL database
from the windows/IIS box to the Linux/Apache box? Any corruption, or other
problems associated with this type of move?

I'd still use MySQL dump, if the win version doesn't come with mysqldump, just use the linux version ;-)

P.S. I also have the option of leaving Win2000 in place but switching to
Apache service. Would this be "worth" it? In other words, would that setup
be a better web server environment (for PHP & MySQL) than the Win2000/IIS
setup?

I started off using IIS + MySQL a couple of years back... about 10 months ago I made the move to Linux + PHP (i've been a long time Linux fan) because the IIS boxes were driving me up the wall (poor reliability, inflexibility and the torrent of fixes and patches).

Ever since then i've been a devout LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) fan. The platform is rock solid and extensible beyone belief ;-)

HTH

danny