At 22:14 +0000 2/21/03, Mamatha Balasubramanian wrote:
When I tried loading data using the following command from command line:
mysqlimport DatabaseName tablename.txt
I got the following error:
mysqlimport: error : can't get stat of /home/...../tablename.txt

However, when I used the following command from mysql prompt, I was able to load the data without any problem.

mysql>load data local infile "/home/..../tablename.txt into table tablename.txt

I use MySQL 4.0.7 on Red Hat Linux.

Can anyone tell me why I have the above problem with mysqlimport and how I can fix it?

With LOAD DATA you specified LOCAL. With mysqlimport, you didn't specify --local. As a result, it's the server that's trying to read the file on the server host. The server may not have permission to read the file.

Run mysqlimport with the --local option.

Thanks.