Tore,

Yes, it is necasarry to pick up all the values from 5 tables. I made indexes
for each table. My queries are between 12 to 26 seconds now. I am generating
a WHERE statement before make the query. If the user do not enter the some
min and max values I am skipping this WHERE statements.

The interesting thing is (for me) when I enter lots of limits for lots of
input values query is faster. When I just select a country for example the
query is slower.

I mean lets say that "speed" field is between 10 and 40 and I want to chose
a "country".

if I enter 10 and 40 for range and chose country it takes 12 seconds but if
I do not enter speed range (as you see to enter or not is getting the same
result) and choose a country it is 18 seconds.

The main reason I asked this to the group is the same query was faster on
interbase server. Than a question come to my mind

is interbase server is faster in such huge queries? if so WHY? Cause on
MySQL the simple queries are faster.

As I said I am using MySQL 3.23 PHP Apache on WinXP. Does it help if I
upgrade to MySQL 4.0 or is this come from XP... I am just trying to figure
out if it is (much much) better to use Linux?

TIA