Rob,

> How do I open mysqld-max-nt.exe as a service (so I don't have to see a DOS
> console open for it all the time). Here is the command I use to open it
> currently:

> mysqld-max-nt.exe --console --standalone

> Any help would be appreciated!

Of the many ways to accomplish this, I prefer this one:

a) Start winmysqladmin-nt.exe. (Maybe it's a good idea to place it in
the Autostart folder; that's what I do.)

b) In the System Tray, click the symbol and choose Win NT > Install
the Service. This will install the service for automatic start at
system boot.

c) Click the symbol again and choose Win NT > Start the Service

Make sure the server isn't up at the time you perform a) through c).
If it's running in the DOS window, kill it by closing the window.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>