At 16:50 -0800 2/23/03, Ray Kiddy wrote:
Hello -

I am curious what extensions to mysqlimport people might be interested in seeing.

I am importing some data with inconsistencies and and I find that mysqlimport helps one not at all. It seems to me that there are things it could do.

For example:

-rejected_lines=<filename> : would put all lines that generated errors or warnings in a separate file.

--verbose : it could actually be verbose and list out all warnings and errors. I know this is a shocking suggestion, but hey, let's be bold.

See:

http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-cookbook/examples-ld.php

--no_insert : this would allow one to pre-flight data without actually causing the insert to happen, as -n does for make.

See above.

--lines-commented-out-by=... : pretty obvious

--terminate-on=<word> : deleted, skipped, or warning, for example, if you want to stop if there is even one warning.

Any other ideas? I am thinking of trying to extend it myself and am open to suggestions.

You may find it's not quite as easy as you think.

thanx - ray