Hi,

I will install the 2.8 debug version.

The reason why I set
setting sort and record buffers to 1K
is because with a few tests I have noticed that I was getting a better response
time for queries.

The limit for the core file was unlimited.

I will look into customer support.

Mariella

At 06:17 PM 2/24/03 +0200, you wrote:
Mariella Di Giacomo writes:
> Hello,
>
> I have followed your suggestion.
> I have installed mysql-debug-4.0.10-gamma-sun-solaris2.9-sparc-64bit on the
> Solaris 8 (Machine with 8 cpus, 32GB of Memory and 64 of swap) server.
> I have started the mysqld program as root
> I have specified the
> core-file
> in the /etc/my.cnf file.
>
> Other info that could be interesting in the /etc/my.cnf are

HI!

Causes of the crashes could be many, among the others:

* using 2.9 binary on Solaris 2.8 !! Please use 2.8 binary, we have it
* setting sort and record buffers to 1K !! Please set them at 1M

There are many other things that could be improved, but that can be
done when and if you become a registered customer.

> I have looked for the core file, but I couldn't find it, even though in the
> error
> log it says "Writing a core file".

Make sure all ulimit values are OK, including the one for core file.

> Does this give you any clue about what is causing the error ?
> Could you help please about the "core file"
> Do I need to specify the option differently ?
>

> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Mariella

Regards,

--