Hello

This is not correct, see this at example:
From friday to mondey there are 4 days (or 3, depends on how you count ;-).
your calcs:
$day = 4
$weeks = 4 / 7 = 0
$weekend_day = 0 * 2 = 0
$business_days = 4 - 0 = 4

If you have 100 weeks, then it will be quite correct.

here is my solution:

$day = total_days_between_a_and_b;
$less = weekend_days_between_WeekDAY_a_and_WeekDAY_b (for example: from friday to Mondey, then it will be 2)
$weeks = $day DIV 7;
$bussiness_days = $day - $weeks * 2 - $less;

my example again:
$day = 4;
$less = 2;
$weeks = 0;
$bussiness_days = 4 - 0 * 2 - 2 = 2

or use a function from a programming language, if available. You have to deal also with some special days (12-24 / 12-25 and so on).

greetings from Switzerland

Patrick

Joe Stump wrote:

I'm not sure of an exact query, but if you can get the total number of days
you can mathmatically get the biz days with the following math (in psuedo
code):

$days = total_days_between_a_and_b;
$weeks = ($days / 7);
$weekend_days = $weeks * 2;
$business_days = ($days - $weekend_days);

Hope this helps. There may be more elegant ways of getting such a value.
This doesn't take into account day A being wednesday. You might be able to
do a SELECT COUNT(*) on evaluating your date to it's Day value in
('Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri')

Check the date commands.

--Joe

-- Joe Stump <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.joestump.net "Label makers are proof God wants Sys Admins to be happy."