OK,

I found out, why the table grows that extraordinary.

After
         'CREATE TABLE new_1 SELECT * FROM output_1';

All columns of new_1 are CHAR(255) instead of VARCHAR(255) like in output_1
( see below).
Now my simple questions are:

1. Why , I saw something about silent changes in the docs, but there it says
        VARCHAR columns with a length less than four are changed to CHAR. If
any     column in a table has a variable length, the entire row is
variable-length as a    result. Therefore, if a table contains any
variable-length columns (VARCHAR,       TEXT, or BLOB), all CHAR columns
longer than three characters are changed to     VARCHAR columns.
   Which doesn't fit here. Did I miss something in the docs ?

2. Is there a way to prevent a table from being changed that way without
'altering'
    all Columns aftwerwards. I thought of the dirty thing to insert a
BLOB-Type as
    first column and delete it, which works fine but is there a better way ?
   And again Did I miss something in the docs ? Just point me there please I
am usally a
   rtfm-freak.

nearly happy but not really satisfied
        Klaus

The table output_1 has this structure:
Field   Type            Null    Key
af_1    int(11)         YES     MUL
af_3    varchar(255)    YES
af_2    varchar(255)    YES
af_23   varchar(255)    YES
af_10   varchar(255)    YES
af_11   varchar(255)    YES
af_10001        varchar(255)    YES
af_16   varchar(255)    YES
af_9    varchar(255)    YES
af_8    varchar(255)    YES
af_30   varchar(255)    YES
af_24   varchar(255)    YES
af_52   varchar(255)    YES
af_300  varchar(255)    YES
af_53   varchar(255)    YES
af_54   varchar(255)    YES
af_18   varchar(255)    YES
af_5    varchar(255)    YES
af_25   varchar(255)    YES
af_26   varchar(255)    YES
af_27   varchar(255)    YES
af_28   varchar(255)    YES
af_55   varchar(255)    YES
af_56   varchar(255)    YES
af_57   varchar(255)    YES
af_58   varchar(255)    YES
dub_flag        int(11)         YES     MUL
dub_kopf        int(11)         YES
dub_purge       int(11) YES

Type = myisam
MySQL = 3.23-41-log
OS = SUSE 7.3 Kernel 2.4.10
FS = Reiser

This table has about 2,5 million rows and it's file-size 530543 K.
When i tried the above statement i got error 27 when the new table
reached a size of more then 2000000 K.
I exported the file to csv and everything seemed fine.
I imported again into a new table via LOAD DATA INFILE ... and the same
error occured.

Is there anyone that has a clue, why this table is changing size with this.
Could it be that there is a 'forbidden' character inside the data ?

I now try to manage with dump-file but I'd like to know how I can fix the
problem itself, because
if I join this table with another, the same strange behaviour occurs.
CHECK TABLE (extended) said the output_1-Table is OK.

please help

Klaus

Topaktuelle Consumer-Adressen anmieten www.consumeradressen.de

Diese Mail ist von:
Deutsche Post Direkt GmbH
Beleglese Center Mannheim

Klaus Franz
Manager Abgleichsysteme

Willy-Brandt-Platz 13   Tel. 06 21.129 56 436
68161 Mannheim