Why is the standard-receiver of a reply to the list, the original poster, not the list
itself?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernhard Döbler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Simple C API question

Hi Travis,

so far I see, you cannot simply interpret 'length' as the length in bytes of the
corresponding "byte string" in the MYSQL_ROW.
Think of the Type VARCHAR.
The length member of the FIELD tells you the maximum, the row gives you the string in
the actual length.
So far I know the Strings in the ROW are zero-terminated so you can use it with ease
and the regular C-character-functions.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysql_fetch_row.html

Regards
Bernhard