Hi,
If I have a table with serveral keys on fields and when I do an insert I get

Duplicate entry 'blah' for key 3

Is there any way I can get the name of the key which failed? The number (3 in
this case) seems totally pointless, even if you do a

SHOW INDEX FROM mytable;

there is no number which relates to the number given in the message, so how
am I mean to work it out. I suppose I could do a 'SHOW INDEX' and work down
counting, does it work like this and would it be reliable?!?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me here!!!

Cheers

Tom

sql

Tom Oram