Clive,

I'm not sure offhand if Delphi 6 supports MySQL through the DB Express drivers (Kylix 3 does). If so, you can go that route. Otherwise:

You can get libaries such as the one from Core Lab:
  http://crlab.com/mydac/

or you can use ODBC drivers which you can find here:
  http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc-2.50.html

There aren't any special tips I can think of. Connecting to MySQL via Delphi with any of the above is straightforward and the same as connecting to any other DB with Delphi. So far with both Delphi version 5 & 7, all the data aware controls work just fine with either the library (which I use all of the time now) or the ODBC drivers. You do still need to use a DataSource component with the Core Lab library if you are showing data in any of the data aware controls. For example to show some data in a grid with the Core Lab library:
MyConnection -> TMyQuery (also to a database) -> DataSource -> DBGrid

Bill Allaire Polytop Corporation

The Glide wrote:

Hi
I am currently trying to use mysql 3.23 for a database project and connect
to it using a Delphi 6 front end. Can anyone tell me how the connect to a
MySQL database and any other tips they might have on using Delphi 6 with
MySQL.  I have never used MySql before and so the information needs to be
pretty specific.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
Clive Glasgow