Since mysql_setpermission doesn't work on 4.2 | > I have written a
program to replace It.
I think with some modifications to the admin section or linux stile
paths it could be easily adapted to any opperating system.
I started creating menu-mysql in 1997 when I first started using MySQL.
Not all the features worked properly in mysql_setpermission.
You can get the program at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~barryp/menu-mysql/menu-mysql-1.27.tar.gz
Here is a small example
#variabls declared at beginning of program or function

#variables are duplicated in case we need more fields for table
mysql.user
if ($v_num == 4){
$user_priv = $db_host_priv =
} else {
$db_host_priv = $user_priv = "'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y'";
} #end else

This way it can run on on earlier versions.
$v_num is set after the socket opens and is set to 4  if mysql.user has
31 fields. Otherwise, 17 mysql3
Barry Pollock