At 16:52 -0500 2/26/03, 1LT John W. Holmes wrote:
> I have a need to find out how long each of the queries executed
against a mysql server are taking.

Why can't there just be a function that returns this? I mean, it's already printed to the screen when you're running from the command line. Hopefully I've missed something and it's already there, but if not, please add it to the feature request.

There can't be a function that returns this because execution time such as you're seeing is measured on the client side and the query is executed on the server side.

If you mean, why can't there be a SQL function to return this, well,
that's kind of like your eye trying to see itself. :-)