Hi.

I know that for fulltext index are some limitations as:
All parameters to the MATCH() function must be columns from the same table that
is part of the same FULLTEXT index, unless the MATCH() is IN BOOLEAN MODE.

But "A boolean full-text search can also work even without a FULLTEXT index,
although it would be SLOW."

I've such situation:

create table abc (
        a text,
        b text,
        c text
);
create table de (
        d text,
        e text
);

Size of database files is greater than amount of RAM. Twice.

I want execute query with fulltext search through columns a and b, c and d, a and b
and c and d and e . So on.  There are 31 combinations.

First problem: creating fulltext index on columns from two tables.
Second problem: IMHO 31 fulltext indexes is too much.

Even I merge this two tables. I still must create 31 indexes...

My suggestion is:
In cases when there is need to perform search on many columns than I should
create 5 indexes on a,b,c,d and e. These should to be enough. Maybe search won't
be so fast as with 31 indexes but should be faster than search without 31

Regards.
--
Grzegorz
mysql,sql,query