Hi,
Try the following:

SELECT p.name, SUM( t.minutes )
FROM t_project p
LEFT JOIN  t_subproject sp ON (p.id = sp.project_id)
LEFT JOIN  t_time t ON (sp.id = t.subproject_id)
GROUP BY p.id;

(i prefer grouping by id than by name).
I didn't understand why your query didn't result, don't know the data
you have inserted. I tested the above query and i think it gives the
results you want.

The big difference is that i used LEFT JOIN instead of INNER JOIN
because i assumed that you may have projects which have or may have not
subprojects, (and you may have defined subprojects which doesn't already
have the minutes defined).
Hope this helps.

--
Diana Soares