Hi, I downloaded the rpm file for this and installed using rpm -i MySQL-3.23.55-1.rpm.
It went fine and said I should run mysqladmin to set root password but all I got was
'command not found'.

I then tried to uninstall it, without much luck:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Downloads]# rpm -e MySQL-3.23.55-1
error reading information on service mysql: No such file or directory
error: %preun(MySQL-3.23.55-1) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Can anyone help? Thanx,

NC