Hi

Im fairly new but thought I was doing ok.

I have a single table with 123 columns and currently it holds 49,000
records

My ISP is running MySql v: 3.23.38

I use MySql Front to access the table

The following query took 32 seconds to retrieve 941 records the primary
key is the ID field and each records has a  unique field, records are
grouped into sets by this field.

 select id from global where uniqueref = '2'

Im on a 1MB broadband link and this type of query was taking 1 or 2
seconds when I had 30,000 records, now it seems ot have slowed right
down.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

John Berman