On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Sherwin T. Ang wrote:

> Well I guess the best way is to make an insert statement that goes like,
>
> INSERT INTO table values (3,'S',1,6,'2002-07-15','The Palm Computing
> Device',1),(2,'S',6,6,'2002-07-18','Programming for the
> Palm',1),(4,'S',5,6,'2002-07-1
> 6','Medical Applications for the Palm Device',1);
>
> The above query will connect once and insert all 3 records, The method is
> called extended insert, and is a much faster method of insert based on the
> mysqldump man pages when restoring data back to the database.  I
> use --extended-insert in my sql dumps.

unfortunately this is not an option in my case. Raw data contains certain
errors and this will trigger an error upon insertion, which can be dealt
with by the script when I do it 'one at a time'.

My question was "what is the fastest way to start the mysql client".

Regards,
Thomas Spahni
--
sql, query