MySQL

Part of configure reads:

(cd mit-pthreads; sh ./configure)

I invoked configure as so:

sh -v ./configure 2> /tmp/foo

This leaves the following at the end of /tmp/foo while its running:

./configure: mit-pthreads: No such file or directory
./configure: mit-pthreads: No such file or directory
./configure: mit-pthreads: No such file or directory
./configure: mit-pthreads: No such file or directory

If I let this go on for long enough it becomes wedged and doesn't
respond to ctrl-C (SIGINT).  It would appear to be some kind of resource
problem.  After hitting control-Z and kill %1 a couple of times, it dies,
and leaves this near the end of /tmp/foo:

/tmp/foo:./configure: mit-pthreads: No such file or directory
/tmp/foo:./configure: mit-pthreads: No such file or directory
/tmp/foo:
/tmp/foo:# IMPORTANT - do not modify LIBS past this line - this hack is the on
ly way
/tmp/foo:# I know to add the static NSS magic if we have static NSS libraries
with
/tmp/foo:# glibc - Sasha
/tmp/foo:
/tmp/foo:LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $OTHER_LIBC_LIB"
/tmp/foo:LIBS="$LIBS $STATIC_NSS_FLAGS"
/tmp/foo:  rm -f core core.* *.core &&
/tmp/foo:  rm -rf conftest* confdefs* conf$$* $ac_clean_files &&
/tmp/foo:    exit $exit_status

Apparently if the mit-pthreads directory doesn't exist, (I can't find it
in the distrubution), the line quoted at the beginning of this article
erroneously starts ./configure again and ends up in a transfinite loop.
I suggest, at a minimum, that the line reads:
(cd mit-pthreads && sh ./configure)