>> Here's a nice MySQL simple returning records query question!
>>
>> I want to return a staement saying 'number of records shave been
>> found'
> for your
>> selection.
>>
>> so presumably this is a simple row count based on the the returning
> recordset?
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Either with PHP or C you can use mysql_num_rows()
In perl:            $numRows = $sth->rows;
Note the following warning from the DBI man page:
 Generally, you can only rely on a row count after a non-SELECT execute
(for some specific operations like UPDATE and DELETE), or after fetching
all the rows of a SELECT statement.

> Bye!

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27
FAX. 909-608-7061