At 21:38 -0500 3/1/03, Bernardo Zuniga wrote:
Thank you Paul,

That helped to clear things up. My guess was that the book was wrong and the path was different for OS X. The command worked fine, but apparently the files were never created for some reason. I will try this again.

Well, the book can't give a specific path that will be correct for all systems. I'd guess the authors were showing what the path would be under certain conditions.

If the statement didn't produce an error message, then the file should
have been created.  Was there an error, or did the statement produce
a message indicating that it wrote a certain number of rows?