On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:36:37AM -0500, Warren W. Gay VE3WWG wrote:
> I would like to create a Table default (Type=InnoDB) for a particular
> database.  Is there a way to do this, or is this being planned for in
> a future release?
>
> For most of my databases, I am only interested in transactions. Having
> to remember to specify that table type = InnoDB for each table create,
> is a nuisance.  I am also trying to keep to SQL standard code.

  The table_type option controls what type of database is created by
  default.

  You can set this at various places:
   * When starting mysqld via the --default-table-type option
   * In a mysql options file via the table_type variable
   * As a server variable via a SET [GLOBAL] table_type call

  You cannot set this on a per-database basis, however you can set it on
  a session-wide basis.

  To keep closer to standard SQL, wrap the SET call in an executable
  comment, like so:

    /*! SET table_type=innodb; */

  Most (all that I know of :) databases except MySQL will treat the
  comment like a normal multi-line comment. MySQL will strip the comment
  and execute the code.

Cheers!
--
Zak Greant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  MySQL AB Community Advocate

OSCON 2003 (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2003/)
  From July 7-11 in Portland, Oregon

"Gosh, Batman. The nobility of the almost-human porpoise."
                                                 --Robin, the Boy Wonder