At 13:53 +1000 3/4/03, Throbware Support wrote:
Hi all.

I have spent some time studying the manual and previous posts, trying to get
a grip on the whole date_format issue...  I am VERY new to MySQL having been
converted from an ADO/DAO environment with Access dBs...

Where I am having trouble is coming up for a syntax to

SELECT  *
FROM tableA
WHERE ba_id_num = 'ABC12345'
AND ba_make_date = '2003-25-2'

ba_id_num = varchar(8)
ba_make_date = datetime

Even though I can see several rows from the CC, the query returns 0...  I
have unsuccessfully attempted to use the DATE_FORMAT function also.  Any
hint of where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Well, for one thing, if ba_make_date is a DATETIME column, you're comparing it to what looks like a DATE value. That may make a difference, if the ba_make_date values don't have 00:00:00 in the time part.

What's the "CC" you're referring to?

Jeff