At 12:29 -0600 3/4/03, jason wesley upton wrote:
I know that for most purposes you can treat TEXT and BLOB as VARCHAR under a longer name, but is the same true of LONGTEXT? I have a field
that needs to be open to a huge amount of text, but I don't want my database's size to be huge if that maximum allowed amount of text is not used.

This is fairly easily answered by going to the online manual and entering LONGTEXT into the search box. Two of the links you'll get that way are:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/BLOB.html

and

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Storage_requirements.html

Thanks.

upton

sql query queries smallint mysql fancy join fun words.