Man, this was a tough MySQL question to assign a Subject to. Hopefully the
answer
is easier.

I have a table called news which contains a column called readBy. The read
by column is of type TEXT and it contains a CSV list of IDs of users who
have read a certain news item. For example, if my user ID is 1 and I have
read news item 50, the readBy column might look like this: 2,10,9,73,1

When I do a SELECT of all news items from this news table, I want to select
only those items that I have not read - ones where the user ID 1 is NOT in
the readBY column.

I have attempted to pull this off using find_in_set and where not like, but
have not been able to get the results I expect. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Rich